What To Do When Your Child Has Asthma is a must-read for parents of children with asthma. It is written in easy-to read language for parents and caregivers of kids with asthma. It’s not easy to care for a child with asthma. There’s a lot to think about every day. There are good days and bad days. We hope this book helps you keep good control of your child’s asthma.
Among the topics discussed:
- Signs that your child has asthma
- Triggers for an asthma attack
- Putting together an Asthma Action Plan
- How to use a peak flow meter
- Different kinds of asthma medicine
- How to talk to your child’s daycare and teachers about your child’s asthma
- Making sure your child gets enough exercise
- Helping your child take their asthma medicine right away
For each chapter, the following questions are answered:
- What is it?
- Did you know?
- What can I do?
- When should I get help?
This book is available in English or Spanish.