The Health Literacy Certificate Program is an online suite of assessment-based certificates focused on the specialized field of health literacy. It includes a series of seven (7) independent certificates providing individualized learning paths to build a comprehensive portfolio of core knowledge in health literacy. The program is targeted to individuals at all experience levels who specialize or are interested in the field of health literacy.
The 1st certificate launching in the 4th quarter of 2020 is the:
Language, Culture, and Diversity Certificate
There are 6 lessons, 100% online, and self-paced.
Each lesson includes case studies, videos, and other learning methods.
The certificate is earned after completion of all 6-course lessons and passing of a 75-question final exam.
Following the launch of the above certificates, in 2021 we will be launching certificates for:
Organizational Systems and Policies
The Health Literacy Certificate Program:
- Is based on a national survey of health literacy specialists
- Has been built based on standards published by the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE), the body granting accreditation for programs that meet the national quality standards for assessment-based certificate programs.
- Schools and employers can build learning packages comprised of multiple purchases of a single certificate or a custom curriculum of topics that meet their organizational needs.
- Is fully customizable, with options to take a single certificate or stack the certificates into a complete health literacy curriculum.
- Learners can take any independent certificate program at any time.
- There is no time limit or requirement for completing any certificate program in any particular order.
- Certificates represent a means for the learner to document their acquisition of the knowledge and skills necessary to perform in the role absent an academic degree in the field of health literacy.
- Certificates can be acquired quickly, will represent significant learning, and has great value and demand in businesses and other employers.